The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
phil anderer

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi people , 

just quick question... looking for an oil filter for the 83 200e are they 
the same as the 250 es ? can find them over here on ebay to fit the 250 but not for the 200, just wanted to know if they will fit 

thanks... 
VilliageI-Idiot

Reply with quote  #2 
None of the 200cc models have a "filter".   They have a screen at the end of a spring inside the drain plug but it's basically useless.  Filtering is done by a centrifuge located on the oil pump.  ......something NO ONE ever seems to service.  I swear every one I have ever done looks like a heaping tablespoon of hard rubbery glitter.  It's very easy to do, just takes a little time and a new side cover gasket.  Get a copy of the factory service manual, you should have one of those anyway.  If not, get it.  

Reply with quote  #3 
I agree and seen some dirty ones too. HERE is a related post for more information.

IMG_7657.JPG
IMG_7661.JPG
phil anderer

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the help guys , cant locate the manual at moment so great info …. have ordered gasket just need to get some oil and will be good to go [thumb]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.