The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
El_Whit0

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello I recently acquired a 1984 Atc200es when I got the machine the front bearings were blew out I was looking into getting bearings the bearings are available but I have no idea how to get the bearings off the axle (there is a sleeve in front of the bearing that is bigger than what the axle is on which seems to be a spacer but I don't see a way it comes off) was wondering if somebody could help me with that thanks or if somebody can find a axle if you link it that would be nice

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_20190718_075413.jpg (117.32 KB, 12 views)
jpeg IMG_20190718_075655.jpg (306.84 KB, 14 views)
jpeg IMG_20190718_075707.jpg (112.51 KB, 13 views)

Paul4x4

Reply with quote  #2 
Seems like you have the 200S fork on it...

Here's the exploded view:
honda-atc200s-front-wheel.jpg

El_Whit0

Reply with quote  #3 
Okay here's my question how do I get that bearing off in front of it is bigger there is a spacer it moves independently but I don't understand how that bearings supposed to come off does the side that I have the socket stuck on come off or does the other side come off there has to be a way

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_20190718_191346.jpg (277.71 KB, 11 views)
jpeg IMG_20190718_191351.jpg (335.90 KB, 11 views)
jpeg IMG_20190718_191357.jpg (277.70 KB, 10 views)
jpeg IMG_20190718_191406.jpg (289.64 KB, 11 views)

bigredmark

Reply with quote  #4 
Looks like both bearings and spacers need to slide off of the threaded end of the axle. This may be difficult as the spacers may be rusted seized to the axle.
El_Whit0

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredmark
Looks like both bearings and spacers need to slide off of the threaded end of the axle. This may be difficult as the spacers may be rusted seized to the axle.
okay so if I'm understanding you correctly the threaded end screws off itself?
Paul4x4

Reply with quote  #6 
Here's a pic of all the separate pieces on your axle. The numbers correspond with the exploded view. So basically the axle itself is a long bolt that goes through all those bearings and spacers, but everything is just rusted together.
IMG_20190718_191351.jpg 

El_Whit0

Reply with quote  #7 
Update broke 3 ratches used 2 tanks of propane still no luck to unscrew the threaded end if I am understanding what you guys have told me so far correctly the red box screws off from the bolt and the blue box is the spacer that I have got unseized but no luck unscrewing the red box is the correct?

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_20190718_191357__01.jpg (288.35 KB, 9 views)

Paul4x4

Reply with quote  #8 
Nothing but the end nut screws off. All the other parts should just slide off. You can even see how the thread ends before the part in the red box.

I would carefully grind the bearings off of the axle and see what happens then. Just grind the inner races down to the axle from two opposite sides to get them off, but avoid cutting into the axle and the spacers next to the bearing races.
El_Whit0

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4x4
Nothing but the end nut screws off. All the other parts should just slide off. You can even see how the thread ends before the part in the red box.

I would carefully grind the bearings off of the axle and see what happens then. Just grind the inner races down to the axle from two opposite sides to get them off, but avoid cutting into the axle and the spacers next to the bearing races.
so everything slides off the way of the arrow correct so going by that red is the spacer (pictured in previous image that's blue) orange being old broke berring yellow being another spacer to keep bearing on and green being the actual axle how is the bearing supposed to come off that's what I've been confused about this whole time the part that I have the socket on does that twist off or something because that spacer is too big the bearing won't move I still ride it everydaythis weekend I'll probably take it apart and Grind the old bearing off

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_20190718_191357__01__01.jpg (287.70 KB, 6 views)
jpeg IMG_20190718_191346__01__01.jpg (284.70 KB, 6 views)

Paul4x4

Reply with quote  #10 
No, everything slides off the threaded end of the axle. The threaded part is the other end of the same piece that you have the socket on the other end. It's a long bolt that goes through all the other pieces.
El_Whit0

Reply with quote  #11 
Ended up cutting the spacer and rewelding it got both berrings on, handles 10 x different now, hit a tree split the gas tank seem now my plan was fill the tank with distilled water so I don't know rust occurs and try to weld the seem any suggestions someone already did it on the other side it looks like JB weld or something the spot it's leaking looks perfectly normal
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.