The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Allen Tischler

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone. I’m new here, but not to big reds. My son has an instagram page under the name atc tycoon and we’ve both bought parts from the gent that runs the web page. That being said, we have noticed nobody re-pops plastic fenders for the 200. I’ve just ordered from ebay my 2nd set of used oem fenders because I’ve destroyed my last set. I used to do fiberglass work on surfboards back in the 90’s, and I’m kind of considering popping molds off of this next set of fenders to reproduce gel coated red ‘glass fenders. I’m not positive how fine a quality I can produce yet, but if I can get something good done would anyone be interested in something like this? It’s not plastic, but i would build them pretty heavy duty. Just throwing it out there. Thoughts?
bigredmark

Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome Allen. I am a fan of the ATC Tycoon Instagram page. I think it would be a good project to create fiberglass fenders and it has been done in the past. I have heard concerns of durability of the fiberglass as compared to plastic. Some members here have experience with fiberglass fenders. See previous thread on this HERE.

Indian chief and Elevator - How are your fiberglass fenders holding up?

Also note that I have successfully repaired many plastic fenders using plastic welding. It is not a clean invisible repair but it holds up very well. Could be another option.
Allen Tischler

Reply with quote  #3 
Yessir, I’ve repaired fenders with just about every means possible. Oddly enough, in my experience the strongest repair is the most unsightly, and that being a metal backing sheet or plate with rivets. As you might have seen from my son’s page, our machines get used pretty well... and trees seem to take their toll on them. I realize fiberglass will never be as resilient as plastic, but in my experience the aged oem fenders tend to shatter just like fiberglass in event of an accident. At least in my opinion, fiberglass would allow you to have a shiny new replacement. Again, I’m not sure how great a product I can turn out, but if possible I’d like to see if anyone would be interested in them after I get molds made.
VilliageI-Idiot

Reply with quote  #4 
Rumor is Maier will be doing a run of 200ES fenders this year.

Reply with quote  #5 
A buddy of mine bought a set off of eBay a week ago for $245. They look pretty good, except for some roughness around the edges. I haven't installed them yet though so I don't have anymore feedback. Here's the link:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283486283246
Mikey

Reply with quote  #6 
Link came up empty for me. Any one else ?

red_russian1

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Link came up empty for me. Any one else ?

Do a search on eBay for seller hkb1203
Allen Tischler

Reply with quote  #8 
I don’t think I could compete with that price, that’s pretty good!
Mikey

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Red, he didn't come up for a search for me. I'll check again later on. Something may be up.

red_russian1

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Thanks Red, he didn't come up for a search for me. I'll check again later on. Something may be up.

Try this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-RED-ATC200ES-ATC-200ES-82-84-FRONT-AND-REAR-FENDER-ATV15FR-RED-/283492603891?oid=283486283246
Thumper546

Reply with quote  #11 
What's the consensus on these ebay fenders? They're fiberglass? 
Mikey

Reply with quote  #12 
Yep, that link worked.I think plastic would be more resilient. Those are very nice looking. It says it is stripped as red gel coat. It needs to be prepped for painting. It looked good the way it was photographed.

Thumper546

Reply with quote  #13 
I think they need to be prepped to paint if you plan on doing a different color than red. 
tosaw

Reply with quote  #14 
Maybe these fiberglass fenders are different, but at least one guy over on 3ww was upset that he bought three sets of fiberglass fenders because the first set he tried spiderweb cracked almost immediately. I wish your friend the best with his set red_russian1
HRD

Reply with quote  #15 
                                                    BAM!

NEW PLASTIC FENDERS

[11983-2]  https://maier-mfg.com/82-83-honda-atc200e-84-atc200es-big-red-84-85-atc200m-rear-fenders.html

From Maier: $299.99 for the pair

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.