The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
CoastalTrikes

Reply with quote  #1 
 Really hard to find much on the web about modifications to the 200e. So far I have a 185xl cam in it and a 49T rear sprocket(stock is 47) to make up for the little low end you loose with the dual sport cams, and it really works great, I run it in the High range all the time now since it can spin the tires easily in mud and swampy areas.

I'm about to rebuild to it with the whole deal, wiseco, new valves etc after this summer, but was looking into a 85 200x carb and throttle setup and actually went and ordered it and now I'm excited for maybe a little performance boost, this is a 24mm carb, stock 200e is 22mm, I looked into the xr200 carb but a used OEM one of those was wayyyy more pricey than a OEM 200x, anyway to the point of my post, has anbody ever put a 200x carb on a 200e, will it fit easily? Should be here in a couple days

jersey big red

Reply with quote  #2 
new to this list.  have my original 1982 200e that I took out of my mom's shed and in my garage. turned over well and started, but the throttle is stuck and won't give gas.  Took the seat off and opened the cap to the carburetor, and it is stuck inside.  Do I have to remove the engine from the frame to get to it and fix/replace?   

how did your new carb replacement go?  wondering if it is the same job requirements.
bigredmark

Reply with quote  #3 
You can remove the carb with the engine still in the frame
CoastalTrikes

Reply with quote  #4 
You do not need to remove anything to take the carb off except the seat, tank, the airbox is optional and will make it easier, but not mandatory.

My 200x carb bolted up nicely, you will need to use the 200x throttle and cable as well

Make sure to get used OEM parts and not the chinese junk.
jersey big red

Reply with quote  #5 
That is great news, I will try it this weekend.   I do need other parts also, like an airfilter.  I searched through the website for parts and saw the ebay site.  Is there another link for used OEM parts?     I can not seem to find it on the site.  This site has been very useful.   
thank you!
jersey big red

Reply with quote  #6 

IMG_20190901_162908_317.jpg 
forgot to add photo of my big red.  used it on the beach for years, shocked that it is in such good shape years later.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.