The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
VilliageI-Idiot

Reply with quote  #1 
It's a pretty common upgrade for the 200cc engines to use a 200X cam and head.  The head has larger cooling fins and the cam has more lift.  It's actually a very good upgrade for those not doing a "by the numbers" restoration.

Be wary.  I just learned the hard way on this.  If you decide to use the 200X cylinder on a 200E or 200ES, you're gonna have to modify it.
The 200X cylinder is larger and has bigger cooling fins.  It's a good upgrade as well but it does not plug and play with your starter.

A 200E I am working on right now; I have used a 200X cylinder and head.
You will have to take at least a 1/4" from the bottom 3 fins and about 3/16" from the fourth.
I also notched the 5th fin to make wiggling the starter in a lot easier.

Just a bit a info that is MUCH easier to do before you paint and assemble.  Doing it AFTER it's bolted into the machine, all nice and painted........well, it's a PAIN.<---trust me on this one.

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for sharing your experience on this. Clean freshly painted pieces that have to be modified to fit can be a big letdown.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.