The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
puckett0396

Reply with quote  #1 
Im prolly gonna sound nuts but when i put a spark plug in cylinder and another in spark plug wire i get no spark but if you remove the one in cylinder spark is back all this makes me wonder if im losing spark when intalled
Paul4x4

Reply with quote  #2 
Are you using the electric start? Maybe there's some bad wiring connection somewhere, and while cranking the engine with the starter, it draws so much power that there's not enough left for the ignition to work. And when you take the plug out, you lose the compression so the starter doesn't have to work against it, so it doesn't draw that much power and then the poor wiring connection is again able to deliver power to the ignition system. Just my theory...
puckett0396

Reply with quote  #3 
Im using both to try start definitely problem. With the coil r stater i let it shock me and it just small tingle it should knock heck out of me
buckydr1

Reply with quote  #4 
I have  1984 Honda Big Red 200es..   Im new here, and cant really figure out how to post questions.  I need to know why I only have 1 single spark when turning engine over.  I did weld a light bracket on the front rack, I did disconnect the positive lead on battery, but I did not disconnect the negative.  I dont know if this did anything to my electrical system,  but it did run before I welded the bracket.  I tested the stater, getting 36 constant volts, when I turn the motor over.  I tested CDI, I think its good, if I tested it properly.  I think the ignition coil is good.  I tested the pulse generator, and I believe thats good.  I just dont understand why it has 1 spark when I turn it over.  Please help! Thank you  
puckett0396

Reply with quote  #5 
Starting your own post is kinda confusing i wouldnt know were to start both fuses good
buckydr1

Reply with quote  #6 
both fuses are good 

havikmc

Reply with quote  #7 
Have you tested the ignition source coil on the stator pack? Should be between 200-250ohms
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.