The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
trk

Reply with quote  #1 
Pulled the cylinder off my 84 ATC 200ES and there is a small chunk missing out of both the piston and the cylinder. Does anyone make new cylinders or do I have to go the used route? Haven’t had luck on my search so far so that might be my answer but thought someone on here would know for sure
tosaw

Reply with quote  #2 
Used is all that's available as far as I know.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/82-84-HONDA-ATC-200E-200-E-BIG-RED-CYLINDER-WISECO-PISTON-TOP-END-GASKETS-200ES/232684611581?epid=1811840423&hash=item362d1567fd:g:-xoAAOSw4ohcGlne
Auto5man

Reply with quote  #3 
Also, G&H ATV discount supply has a head rebuilding service. You ship in your head and they machine it. You can call them and a real person will answer the phone and advise. 

disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with them, but have used them for parts several times.

Regards,

Dave
Auto5man

Reply with quote  #4 
oops, just reread your post and noticed the cylinder was damage too, you'd have to buy a used cylinder to send in for rebuild i'm guessing. They may even have a used one on hand as well.

Regards,

Dave
trk

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the reply!  I don't think the cylinder is damaged beyond re-use.  It has never been bored so I think machining is an option.  I found out about G&H a couple days after I posted and the cylinder is scheduled to arrive there today for machining.  For $159, they will machine the cylinder, ship a piston to fit, and include rings and gaskets.  That seemed like a pretty good deal to me.  I guess I'll see how it all turns out.
Auto5man

Reply with quote  #6 
they are good peeps there @ G&H, let us know how that cylinder rebuild turns out from them!

i also use Rocky Mountain ATV for parts, and there are a number of others that I have forgotten b/c its been a couple years since I've been parts hunting.  But now I'm back at it, have my 87 250es purring like a kitten....

😉

Regards,

dave

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.