The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
Koebel

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey guys! I’m trying to take the front tire off the front of my 1982 200E and I can’t figure it out! I just want to change the brakes and paint the rim! Waiting on the manual to come in the mail before I really make a mess and can’t fix it!!! Thanks

Attached Images
jpeg 53138DBA-4695-4513-AC29-C95443B8401B.jpeg (351.22 KB, 8 views)
jpeg 622DE80B-679C-453F-BFEB-25BF16559833.jpeg (306.79 KB, 10 views)

tosaw

Reply with quote  #2 
You've pretty much got it, you just need to gently tap the axle out. A hammer and a wooden dowel just a little smaller than the axle works great but I've done it with a hammer and a long screwdriver before in a pinch, just be careful!
Koebel

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks sir. I’ll try it this weekend
mendoAu

Reply with quote  #4 
Look under the axle housing on the left side(pic. 1 ) and you will find a small clip. Try prying that clip up/open and see what happens. PB Blaster for several days in a row may also help. They tend to get rusted bad and takes allot of pounding. Also put a nut on that axle to save the threads.
VilliageI-Idiot

Reply with quote  #5 
I have a large lead head hammer I use.  Some of them...you just gotta spray 'em down with penetrating oil and whoop the sheet out of 'em.  

Just do not ever use anything hard or you'll ruin the threads.

Reply with quote  #6 
VilliageI-(not so much an idiot)Idiot is absolutely dead on.....And about that small clip it is rarely brought up but if you look closely at the axle after it is removed you will notice a small manufactured small groove that that pin rides on and is just enough to make removal hard.
Koebel

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks guys I got it sorted and all is well! Brakes went on with ease! Thanks again and check out my finished project.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.