The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
Ron-Dog

Reply with quote  #1 
Iam rebuilding a 1983 BR 200E.I've rplaced the cables,brake shoes,rear axle beraings and seals,all three tires with ITP Mud Lites. I can't get the starter to work? I checked the starter and it's good,I checked the starter button and it's good. I replaced the starter solenoid IMG_8090.jpg  ,but I still have nothing? I see in my Clymer Wiring Diagram that there is a neutral switch ( I guess so you can only start the motor in neutral?). Is there a way to bypass this switch,as I think it's the problem with no power going to the solenoid ?
Ron-Dog

Reply with quote  #2 
Problem solved! The power wire (Red) had a few opens in it. I just replaced it with new wire and it working perfectly now.
bigredmark

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the follow up post and nice job on the 83!
Ron-Dog

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks,I used to ride these when I was younger. I'm finding most of my parts on E Bay. The wiring on these is so old and brittle,it would almost pay to just build another wiring harness.I think I'm gonna run Honda GN4 oil in it since it has a wet clutch?

bigredmark

Reply with quote  #5 
GN4 is good oil and JASO MA certified for wet clutch applications
Ron-Dog

Reply with quote  #6 
Took it out for it's first run since I rebuilt it. Ran fine no problems at all. I really like the ride I get with the ITP Mud Lites. They are 6 ply and I'm running them with 2.5 psi. IMG_2790.jpg
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.