The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
Fireman Sam

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys, so I'm new!

I've just purchased a "machine" and, after a search found this site.  Can anyone out there help me actually identify what it is that I own?

The guy advertised this as a Honda EX400 and later on in the description called it a Big Red 250.  It's actually a quad or has been made into a quad!  I'm cool with it either way but to try to find any help on how to keep it in one piece I first need to identify it.  The closest thing I can find to it is the Big Red three wheeler.

If anyone is willing to help me out then I'd be really grateful.  Feel free to rip me apart....I'ma  firefighter I can take it lol

Here are some pics to be going on with.  Once I know what it is maybe I can find out how much gearbox oil to put in it and what type

KOwmRMifSCCLdan4KrP86Q.jpg  ZajB5FNiSrqVFv+Fz+BBRQ.jpg  OXH8p8uLQiWkkr02d7KcEQ.jpg  1FmQIxl9QX6yZW5qPG7p%g.jpg  t1Uk6qYORFayPQqCvmlT3Q.jpg 

bigredmark

Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome. The engine and back half is a 1984 Honda BIG RED 200ES. Not sure of the front end.
Fireman Sam

Reply with quote  #3 
Fantastic, thanks so much for this.  I'm starting to think someone "made" it!

I've just got back to France and before I play wanted to make sure it had the right oil and the right amounts in it.  Is there somewhere here that would tell me the engine, gearbox and diff oils types and amounts?  There is a dipstick for the engine so no problem there but there's a big flat headed screwdriver cap on the gearbox side so not sure what to do there.

Also do you recommend anywhere for spares?

Thanks again

Andy

bigredmark

Reply with quote  #4 
The large flat headed screwdriver cap is an inspection plug to set the timing.

HERE is a link that gives oil specs.

HERE is a link to get the factory service manual. This will give you a lot of information.
Fireman Sam

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks a million Mark.  I have to ask though........how did you know exactly what year and model out of interest?

Andy
Paul4x4

Reply with quote  #6 
The engine and the rear end are '84 200ES specific. 200ES is the only one of the 82-84 BIG RED's with the reverse transmission and shaft drive.

But for the love of god, please convert it back into a three wheeler! That thing is nightmare inducing for purists like me! LOL![biggrin]
Fireman Sam

Reply with quote  #7 
lol I will mate.......I just need to find the stuff to do it!  I guess a front wheel is needed!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.