The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
Gio

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello folks ...

I purchased my '84 200ES in 2014 and has become invaluable around the farm. It had been in storage for over 20 years and so in really good condition (even the original tires). I do most of my own service work (car, motorcycles, farm equipment) and so a reasonably competent mechanic. Despite regular service however (eg plug, oil change before every season) it began to start / run less than perfectly (mis-firing) back end of last year - plug was sooty, but installing a new plug would cure the symptoms for a short while (usually one plug / year is fine) and so having checked fuel / cleaned air filter am thinking primary ignition problems - found a link by Mark and here I am.

I'll post separately as a follow-up once I get a chance to make some measurements.

Gio DSC03654.jpg 

HRD

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for sharing. That's a nice looking BR.
Gio

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks!

By way of update on the ignition problem - even though original coil checked out (0.3 / 3.84k ohms) there was a new coil / HT lead  in the box of spares (0.6 / 2.95k - incl cap) so installed and spark was back - so am suspecting either the plug cap or HT lead ... either way BR is up and running again!

Gio
bigredmark

Reply with quote  #4 
Good deal! Thanks for the feedback on the ignition issue and welcome to the forum. I had to go to Nova Scotia a few years ago for work (Abercrombie Point area). It was in July and I really enjoyed it - very nice area. I hope to take motorcycle trip up there someday.
Gio

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Mark - I spent many years out on the west coast, but am now enjoying the east and NS in particular (although the winters can be a little tougher!). I'm a fellow rider also (Moto Guzzi V11 Sport - owned since new and an older BMW K75s) - give me a shout if you ever get over this way again ...

Cheers!

Gio
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.