The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
buckydr1

Reply with quote  #1 
I have  1984 Honda Big Red 200es..   Im new here, and cant really figure out how to post questions.  I need to know why I only have 1 single spark when turning engine over.  I did weld a light bracket on the front rack, I did disconnect the positive lead on battery, but I did not disconnect the negative.  I dont know if this did anything to my electrical system,  but it did run before I welded the bracket.  I tested the stater, getting 36 constant volts, when I turn the motor over.  I tested CDI, I think its good, if I tested it properly.  I think the ignition coil is good.  I tested the pulse generator, and I believe thats good.  I just dont understand why it has 1 spark when I turn it over.  Please help! Thank you
bigredmark

Reply with quote  #2 
You may want to check the resistance of the stator. HERE is a no spark troubleshooting post that may help.
buckydr1

Reply with quote  #3 
it has spark when i tern it over it will spark 1 or 2 times and then stop 

Slimpickens

Reply with quote  #4 
I just had the same issue. It was the CDI. I replaced everything thinking that couldn't be it. In the end it was. It would spark once, then nothing. I could let it sit a couple minutes and it would repeat. It was very frustrating. 
buckydr1

Reply with quote  #5 
think you for the response.can you tell me what cdi you used and where you bot it.think you
Slimpickens

Reply with quote  #6 
I found a new one at Babbitts Online

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/506f8ce0f8700229747b95bf/wire-harness-rectifier

Hopefully that link gets you there. Then select the CDI. It took about 2 weeks for it to come in. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.