The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
RedRooster

Reply with quote  #1 
At the bottom of my cylinder on my 82 200e is 192cm3 ...will a 196cm3 cylinder rebuild kit fit. I have water in my cylinder and have seen the kits on eBay and other sites
HRD

Reply with quote  #2 
Which 'kits' are you talking about? Link.
RedRooster

Reply with quote  #3 
On eBay I think.. Come with cylinder..piston..rings..wrist pins but can't find 192cm3 only 196cm3 my cylinder says 192cm3
HRD

Reply with quote  #4 
Is this they type you're looking at? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cylinder-Piston-Rings-Kit-for-196CM3-Bore-200cc-Honda-ATC-200-XL185-XL200/402316275310?hash=item5dabeb2e6e:g:cu4AAOSwkflfAR-s

I've been wanting to try one of those. Nobody has posted on any site I know of about the outcome of using one.

They obviously have a provision for an external camchain adjuster. That'd have to be blocked off or the OEM one removed and an external one installed, if possible.

Another thing I've noticed is there are two variations. One has seven cooling fins and the other, eight. I think the eight fin ones are for the 230cc engine styles, like CRF230. They have taller cylinders.

It's an unknown. If you're willing to risk it, then post the results. Otherwise, having the stock cylinder bored is a better option.

I think those are actually 180cc, or for a '185,' if they'r actually 65.5mm diameter. It's a Chinese copy of something, so I wouldn't put much stock in the cc it says it's for.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.