The JUSTBIGREDS.COM Forum - A Forum Dedicated to the BIG RED ATC

Author   Comment  
Wadey

Reply with quote  #1 
Just a quick hi from Scotland.

I picked up my 250es Big Red 86 model a few months ago. Im planning to use it over the summer then give it a full restoration over winter. I have had it out and she runs great. 096FD905-FC2C-476A-BA47-4A9835A2C08C.jpeg 

bigredmark

Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome! It's awesome to have members and see other BIG REDS from "across the pond"
phil anderer

Reply with quote  #3 
Hows it going wadey , you will learn a lot about your new machine on here they are a great help... (im up the rd in Inverness)

Phil
Polarbare

Reply with quote  #4 

Hi Wadey,

nice looking machine. Someone made nice custom foot rest on it?  Just need “highway pegs” on front for the Harley look!!!
I am Manitoba Canada, had my machine for 19 years. Just starting to ‘mod’ it now
Here is a photo of my setup with addition onto rear rack & box on back. Rifle carrier was to do fall elk hunt. 

A81FE6D9-D9F6-4427-9E8B-8D1E37A58313.jpeg 

HRD

Reply with quote  #5 
Is it legal to ride them on the roads in Scotland?

There are unincorporated areas and small towns in the U.S. where it's legal, but that's the exception. Most places it's not.

Some states do allow it for 'farm use,' which is meant just to go pasture to pasture for short distances of county roads, but not state highways.
phil anderer

Reply with quote  #6 
You can get them road registered , been couple on feebay recently with registration (license) plates on them and ready to go but they go for more than i'd want to pay for one 

Phil
Wadey

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi guys,

Great to hear form you all. Thats the plan Phil. I have a few ideas I'm wanting to get done. It's not the easiest to find parts. Where about do you use yours in inverness?

Look like you have a great set up Polarbare. Possibly, i assumed they were standard as they are well made? Any thoughts? Canada nice! your trike looks in great condition! Whats is your next mods to be done? 
Polarbare

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi
I’m still working on my design for that front ski. It’s a little more difficult being a 250 which has brake and speedo set up on it. A lot of the mods they just remove the wheel and bolt a ski on 200’s or lower size.

I would love to find an original basket for that machine and the original ‘rub’ bars on the frame by the foot pegs. On another site I saw where somebody took a second set of foot pegs and bolted/welded them to the original, this gave a bigger area for the foot to rest. I would love to try that as I spend a lot of time standing up when I’m riding
phil anderer

Reply with quote  #9 
Wadey, ive got a few acres with the house and im in the middle of the nowhere so not really an issue if I do have to use it on the rd... yeah getting spares can be a problem unless you have deep pockets and plenty of time to wait for delivery from States , ebay is 1st place I start then take it from there.... good luck !! 

Phil
Wadey

Reply with quote  #10 
Polarbare,

Some great mods to be done then, id be interested to see how your ski mod turns out. Yes, the pegs are quite narrow so doubling them up would give better support. Keep me posted with your mods. 

Phil,

Perfect thats handy, nobody to bother you then. I was planning taking mine out the west cost next time. Yeah eBay is where iv have seen most spare parts. All I'm looking for is the right had side plastic but apparently everybody is missing that part so they are not easy to find. Then the left hand black trim down the mudguard and a set of decals. 
phil anderer

Reply with quote  #11 
Im missing the left side , you wanna swap lol [rolleyes] west coast be sweet
man fair play… 

Phil
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.